View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 "franchise2k6" file (includes 50 2006 Draft Class rookies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I have not tested out playing the actual games themselves but im going to be playing an Eagles franchise starting tomorrow (Monday) and should finish the season within 2 to 3 days. If I encounter any problems whatsoever, I will post them here to let everyone know and be aware of what they are.
3) I do have some bad news though and im sure some people will be mad but dont worry, im mad as well and had to quit my Eagles franchise because of it. I have come across a bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it that starts in week 2 of the regular season and doesnt end.

The starting QB becomes the damn punt returner. This happens to every team that is CPU controlled. I have realized that its my roster update itself that does this. I have never had any problems in "quick game" but in franchise, the damn computer changes around the depth charts and the kick and punt returners once you start week 2 of the regular season. I have read about this happening to other people but until now, I have never had it happen.

I want to apologize for this problem there is a solution. It is however a huge pain in the butt. Once you finish week 1, save your franchise and use Finn's editor to switch all CPU teams to "user". Then, edit every team's punt returner to who it should be (or who you want it to be) and save your franchise. Then, use Finn's editor to switch all the "user" teams back to CPU. What makes this worse is that this must be done every damn week for every damn team for your entire franchise run including pre-season. Once the playoffs start, this only has to be done for the playoff teams. If anyone actually does this, be sure that every team that you dont actually play with is set as CPU before entering the off-season. The only bright side to this damn problem is that while doing this, you can remove any player from the trading block and avoid all those damn trades.

Again, I want to apologize for this problem. I'm very mad and upset at this because every damn time I start a franchise with the hopes of making it pass the first season (which has never happened for me in 2k5) without any damn problems, I always seem to come across one. It's sad, I tested out my franchise file making sure that there wasnt any freezing, lock ups or damaged files that I never even thought of this damn problem until I came across it earlier today. Arggggg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I have not tested out importing and/or exporting the Draft Class.
Franchise2k6 update -

For those who are using my "franchise2k6" file, I have come across a problem with "exporting/importing" my Draft Class. Dont waste your time. After I deleted my Eagles franchise file, I figured that since I wasnt in the mood to play 2k5, I would test out exporting and importing my Draft Class into a franchise file that was using the game's default roster. I was mainly testing this out because I thought that editing the Draft Class might be the reason as to why that damn "starting QB punt returner" problem was happening. It wasnt and cant be as the "starting QB punt returner" problem still happens when using my "roster2k6" file in a new franchise.

Anyway, when I imported the Draft Class into a new franchise, most of the players first names are messed up in-game. They all appear fine in the editor but once I checked rookie scouting, it was all messed up. Even Jay Cutler and Matt Leinart disappeared or were renamed completely. So, dont bother wasting your time "exporting/importing" my Draft Class into your own franchise.

And once again, im sorry about that damn "starting QB punt returner" problem.