View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Need for AFL slider settings

I watched some of the Dallas vs Orlando game today and it looks like the fly pattern in Arena Football is bread and butter mostly if you don't play zone.

I saw the Desperado's QB Doetel I believe set a record with 11 TD's today. Apparently Orlando and Dallas are two of the better defensive teams in real life but today Dallas put up like 83 points it was crazy.

Joe Hamilton was Orlando's QB and with his small size it looks like they tried to get him outside of the pocket to avoid pass deflections at the line scrimmage.

I also noticed that it's tough to really get much pressure on the qb's sionce the ball is delivered much quicker than in the NFL. Both teams from what I observed tried to muster a running game only inside the 10 yd line probably because the field is much more conjested down their and sometimes it was with the wr coming in motion that took the hand off.

The blitzes are still kind of confusing to me but it appears the rules are involved around the LB's in the gaps. There were a few fumbles mostly from guy's stripping the ball from behind the carrier after the catch and run.

So, I've picked a little more knowledge on the game and how it functions in real life. Apparently the scores or more around the 45-60 ranges so today's game was kinda a little more high scoring than normal from what the annoucers were stating.

I'm guessing instead of taking away QB accuarcy possibly lowering WR catch a notch will make for a for few drops on deep throws. Tweaking the defensive tackling just slighty should pick up the runniing game somewhat although in real life the ground game in Arena ball is tough from what I've seen. The DB's will probably get a little boost up to help provide some relief in pass defense but I'm not going to stray to far from the high octane passing games that rule Arena football.

I'll also possibly look to add some excitment to the return game just to get some drama enhanced on kickoff's. I'm going to observe one more game next week really close and then get some sliders out to everyone playing the game. Most likely I'll stick with the All-Pro level and boost up the CPU defensive awareness if it needs to make games more competive on the Human.

That's it for now. I'll get back on this next weekend after seeing another game.