View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:22 AM   #414
dano
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Jistics 2005 MVP All-Star Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roonoc
excellent sliders jistic!!!! the only problem is that i can't hit worth a damn. i don't want to change the sliders though because they are great. i can pitch fine and the variation is great. i recently pitched with verlander and he gave up 5 runs in 6 innings striking out 6 and giving up 8 hits with 2 walks. then the last game i had a 7 inning 6 hit performance from burnett who gave up 2 runs and struck out 7 with 1 walk. so thats great. but i cant hit a homer and i can't score runs. i havent hit a homer on ur settings yet infact i can barely hit on on just regular allstar. also i have onlhy scored one run ikn the last three games. i know its not ur sliders because i can feel that when i get better they will be perfect. do u have any tips for me on hitting??? i am extremely patient drawing 3-4 walks a game getting the countr in my favor but no matter how hard i try too time it right it doesn't work and also i cant make contact oftejn and i can't ever guess a pitch right and when i do it's a single even if i am prewssing up i cant jack it out. this game is so close to being amazingly fun and very realistic for me but please help i need to learn to hit!!!!!!!!!! anybody can chime in i need all the help i can get.
sometimes it seems like team chemistry is dragging you down. i also have a problem hitting HRs. i replayed 2005 and ortiz only hit 15 for me. i had 25 with bay and about 26 with wright. (fantasy draft). anyway, you need to pull up and it for lefties. also, maybe you are too slow. the best pitches to hit are hanging sliders and fastballs. if you can't get around then you will never hit one. check the swing analysis. if you are always late reduce pitch speed.