View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 11:42 PM   #35
onetonmartin
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman
I don't post much here but I have to here. This is probably the worst review I've ever seen on any gaming review website. I'm not a 2k fanboy, I don't care if the game gets a 1/10 if it deserves it. Maybe it does.

But, you can't go 2 or 3 paragraphs about the good parts of the game and give it a 1/10.

According to the author:
The fielding is good (its not at all...but he liked it)
online is smooth (everyone I know that has played it online has a 50% success rate)
pitching is good
batting is fun

...yet it gets a 1? How am I supposed to take reviews seriously if a reviewer's impulsive anger is allowed to get in the way?

A 1 out of 10 should mean complete and utter crap. Yes I understand the game can be awesome, but if you can't get past the 3rd inning, all the good stuff means crap. But still, you cannot give a 1 score to a baseball game in which the pitching, batting, fielding and online play is referred to as acceptable or better. I agree that the message is good, probably should have been harsher, but this review makes future scores almost irrelevant.
I love the game, but i can't blame em'. 1/10 is the right score. We're still stuck without a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove