View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #36
luckym
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman
I don't post much here but I have to here. This is probably the worst review I've ever seen on any gaming review website. I'm not a 2k fanboy, I don't care if the game gets a 1/10 if it deserves it. Maybe it does.

But, you can't go 2 or 3 paragraphs about the good parts of the game and give it a 1/10.

According to the author:
The fielding is good (its not at all...but he liked it)
online is smooth (everyone I know that has played it online has a 50% success rate)
pitching is good
batting is fun

...yet it gets a 1? How am I supposed to take reviews seriously if a reviewer's impulsive anger is allowed to get in the way?

A 1 out of 10 should mean complete and utter crap. Yes I understand the game can be awesome, but if you can't get past the 3rd inning, all the good stuff means crap. But still, you cannot give a 1 score to a baseball game in which the pitching, batting, fielding and online play is referred to as acceptable or better. I agree that the message is good, probably should have been harsher, but this review makes future scores almost irrelevant.
I agree with you here. I am not HAPPY with this game, but to say is is a 1 out of 10 is a bit wreckless, considering the pull a site of this size can have on whether gamers will buy somethign or not and rely on someone to score games accurately. Yes the freezing thing sucks ( though I never had one issue since I own no HDD) along with some crazy sim stats etc. and poor fielding control, but there are many innovations here (Inside Edge is a fantastic feature) as well as the incredible depth of info you can get on your players, along with some new and innovative ways of pitching and batting that ON THEIR OWN afford this game more than 1 point out of 10 when considering the game OVERALL.

Like he said, "this review makes future scores almost irrelevant"...