View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:16 AM   #52
fossen
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spills22
I never post but feel that I have to here. Come on man, you come off as an amateur giving this game a 1 out of 10. If they put out a patch, which I'm sure they will, it would get a higher score from any reviewer.
Emphasis mine.

Yes, a patched game would get a higher score. However, at this point no such game exists.

There is no patch, and no guarantee of when one will come, and no guarantee it will not introduce new problems (see the recent CH 2K6 and NBA 2K6 updates). I reviewed my experience of the game, and it couldn't complete 9 innings of baseball until I removed (and later reformatted) the hard drive.

If any of y'all feel that a game which can't do a full nine innings without a crash deserves a high score, feel free to do so on your own site. Here, I call it like I see it: this game is (at this point) a glorified tech demo for which people are being charged $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Well said. One thing people seem to forget is that the 360 is a brand new system. Developers couldn't have more than a year with the development tools.
So it's OK to charge $60 for a game that doesn't work?