View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 03:11 AM   #82
Jasen13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K6 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I hear what you are saying, but I still disagree with your argument. How can someone give a game a good rating without getting through it? That is asking them to lie. Second, a review is ONE person's opinion. Film reviewers, music reviewers, video game reviewers are just one person reviewing based on their experience. That is why you have reviewers you trust (b/c they have similar taste, agreement in the past, etc.).

Why would a 3 be more fair than a 1? I don't get it. He even stated why he gave it a 1 unlike other sites. Also, if people just read the score that is their fault anyway. It wasn't a quick review. All OS reviews are comprehensive.
I completely agree with the 1/10 review. The game just froze on me today, and though I have yet to try the "quick fixes" that many threads and forum admins (what's up 2k) are suggesting, this is completely unacceptable. I had a very enjoyable time playing this game for the last 11 days, freeze free. Yet every single game that I had played, I was holding my breath expecting the worst. Today was that day. And all of the enjoyable gameplay that I had with tweaked sliders and all were forgotten because in the end, I have a $60 dollar frisbee. This isn't the original Nintendo where you have to blow the cartridge 1,000 times to get a game to play. This is a Next-Gen, expensive system with Next-Gen games people. Problems like this just shouldn't exist. **** a patch, ( I don't have high speed internet anyways), **** reformatting, **** clearing a cache, that still doesn't fix the fact that 2k put out a game That Doesn't Work. $60 = game you can play (too hard to ask for?)