View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
Flipmo23
Rookie

OVR: 3
****Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here****

UPDATE - THIS THREAD IS OLD, BUT KEEP ALL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD. THE OFFICIAL TOPIC IS LOCATED HERE. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, READ BELOW:

Now, before you all jump on me about why this may not be the best way to go, I just want to try to give this a shot, and I have thought it through (I actually slept on it lol, this draft has me going bananas).

Now, I know there are ALOT of you guys doing roster updates for the upcoming season, but the truth is, the final cuts are 5 months away and I'm sure alot of us want to play with the most up to date rosters right now. Most of the FA will be signed in the next week or so, and the major ones are pretty much done (Walker just got picked up by the Broncos )

So with that said, I've browsed the NFL.com draft analyzer and it is EXTREMELY impressive how they've broken down EVERY rookie from Rd 1-7 to their projected ratings, from Pass Arm Strength and Accuracy for QB's, to speed and quickness for RB's... all are very in-depth ratings, and since it's right on NFL.com, it can't be more official than that. Makes for the perfect standard to go by.

So with that said, I tried to match up the rating categories on NFL.com to those in ESPN 2K5, and with the help of some of you, I'd at least try to attempt to make an "ESPN2k 6.5 - Draft Edition" with all the FA/Traded players on their respective teams, including every rookie. That way, we could all play our franchises and WE would decide who gets cut, etc. I think it would give the game a fresh coat of paint IMHO for us that are waiting for these final cuts in Sept. All it would take would be 6 or so of us to do a round of rookies each, and then we could work on getting all the FA/traded players to their teams. If done right, it would take just a few days really.

And as always, just having a roster file to play pickup games against friends is going to be awesome, Bush vs. White, Leinhart vs. Young, etc.

I know Rickster has been trying to organize something like this for a long time, and I really have respected what he and all of you have done to keep this game alive. I will forward the message to the most active roster-developers on this board and see if we can get enough guys together to make this happen. You guys have all been great ever since I joined this board, and have made it awesome for myself and my friends at school to keep playing this game well past it's prime. It would be the ultimate testament to this game and really, this board; a group of ESPN2K5 diehards working together to develop the ultimate roster file, and at the same time keep Madden out of people's Xboxes =).

So with that said, here's the plan to determine ratings for the rookies (best part would be that we could all apply our favorite league-wide player ratings from our favorite rosters from last year using the editor, so EVERYONE'S happy with the current player ratings).

I've looked at this a million times, and this is what I've come up with to determine rookie ratings if this Community update does take off:

NOTE - The first category is the ESPN rating, with the NFL Draft Analyzer equivalent right after.

This, so far, is the STANDARD that those in this thread have agreed on so far for Rookie CAPs. If you would like to throw in some input as to what should be changed, you are more than welcome. Just be sure to at least look at some of the rookie profiles on the Official NFL.com Draft Analyzer Site before doing so:

Again, all rookie ratings will be based ENTIRELY on this standard, based on the nfl.com ratings linked to above.

Agility - COD Rating (change of direction)
Strength - Play Strength
Pass Blocking - Pass Blocking
Run Blocking - Run Blocking
Catch - Hands
Break Tackle - Inside Runner
Secure Ball - Fumbles (+5)
Durablity - Durability (+10)
Leadership - Pride/Quit (there's also a leadership rating for QBs)
Tackle - Tackling
Pass Rush - Pass Rush Ability
Coverage - Zone/Man Coverage (take the average of the 2)
Run Coverage - Pursuit/Range
Consistency - Consistency
Aggressiveness - Instincts/Reactions
Composure - Clutch Play/Big Play
Run Route - Patterns

And the big three for the QB's:

Pass Arm Strength - Arm Strength (+15)
Pass Accuracy - Convert %
Pass Read Coverage - Read Defenses (+15)
Scramble - Accuracy on Move

Also, QB's have a QB-specific LEADERSHIP rating on NFL.com's DA, so for QB's, we should use that instead of "pride/quit".

All ratings on NFL.com's Draft Analyzer are from 1-10. So a player with a 8.0 rating in a category = an 80 in-game, unless otherwise altered according to the standard rubric we are creating for rookie CAPs.

Speed is the one rating I left out because we should base this on the 40 times . The speed ratings and how the times translate into ratings in the game can be found here.

EDIT - Just as an example, Reggie Bush's ratings would look like this according to this standard format:

Speed - 97 (based on his 40-time)
Agility - 80
Catch - 70
Break Tackle - 60
Secure Ball - 65
Durability - 75
Leadership - 80
Consistency - 80
Overall - 84

They seem to carry over well into the game... well, let me know what you guys think, I'm down for this anyday. The draft class projected ratings can be found here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analyzer/round1

You can IM me @ martinomarbury on AIM.

So with that said, if you are willing to SERIOUSLY undertake this community project, PM me with the division you want to work on, and I will see what I can do. Each division is just 4 teams, so with 7 or so rookies per team, you are looking at creating at most, 28 rookie Caps per division assigned. Not too much to ask for such a tremendous project.

Last edited by Flipmo23; 05-02-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove