Old 05-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
tlj101010
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Espn presentation not in until....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
After looking at the track record of sega after thay purchased the espn rights it is safe to say that ea is not going even remotely close to segas aproach to implementing espn content into their game of madden. I know it is not concrete yet but it is safe to say there will be ZERO espn presentation in this years madden. After securing rights and having full use of these rights since january, it could be that there was not enough time to implement it this year, a ticker is one thing, full blown espn presentaion package is another. I am almost willing to give ea a pass if they did only have 5 short months to integrate it, but it is almost like they said, why bother upping the presentation at all now when we can blow it out next year, or on ps3, If they do squeeze it in for the ps3 this year I will be pissed. I highly doubt it though. If EA were to read one thing about deals with espn thay should read this......http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2002/5/9-49 This sounds like a company that actually wants to do something with the license. I guess all we can do is hope, wait....pray and see next year.
What, exactly, are you talking about? EA bought the ESPN license in January of 2005. Yes, they couldn't use the license until this years 07 games, but they didn't have only 5 months to add it in. They've had 17 months to plan and work it in.
Blackhawks
Braves