View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
twflawless
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Espn presentation not in until....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlj101010
What, exactly, are you talking about? EA bought the ESPN license in January of 2005. Yes, they couldn't use the license until this years 07 games, but they didn't have only 5 months to add it in. They've had 17 months to plan and work it in.
If you read the whole thing i said IF they had only five months, I never said thay DID. IMO They did not have til january 2005, 2k had not even put out nba 2k6 until months after that. Don't get me wrong they have had time to up the presentation level. But as far as getting in a complete espn presentation package in like nfl 2k5 had could probably not get done, especially since no one knows when they had the legal right to start integrating espn personalities and commentary. We all have an idea of how they are going to integrate this, which is why i said their approach is not even close to 2k's. We don't know if they had 5 months, and we don't know if they had since january '05. That is the problem, we will probably never know. What I AM talking about is EA is sitting on this ESPN license until they can use it for one of their gimmicks. Madden 2008 featuring espn....EA would use the word presentation as a NEW feature, because in their case it is.

Last edited by twflawless; 05-12-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove