View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #1172
Thrasha
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyXBLLN

Ah. Yes, I think so, too. But he has some unique qualities that might be worth holding onto him. Namely, his speed (on the basepaths and in center), and the fact that his strike zone is half the size of Ortiz's. And his shorter stroke might actually work to his advantage against power guys like Rivera. That was the cut fastball he drove to right field last night. He needs some work, but hopefully some time with the coaches during the season will bring out his potential.

At 27 years of age, Willie Harris has about as much potential as you or me. He is what he is. And I hope with his last start vs. Mussina, Tito realizes that he should only be used as a defensive replacement and a pinch runner.

What are the odds of this game being played for the folks in Boston? I'm contemplating wheter to go out and I've heard off an on that it might be rained out.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield

Last edited by Thrasha; 05-12-2006 at 06:23 PM.