Old 05-14-2006, 02:15 AM   #18
aukevin
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Comic Book Fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar

Ok guys I think I'm going to start getting into comics... but I want something exciting, that's not so mainstream... I mean Marvel or DC is fine... but I don't want to read about Spiderman, Superman or X-Men... what else is out there? Is there anything like about cops, or zombies, or vampires or some other crazy concept... random stuff like that? I assume GI Joe's are still around but I'm really into that... So what do you guys think I should look into?
I think fossen would be the guy for that, from reading his blog he seems like a lot of the non-mainstream, non-"superhero" type. I prefer the superhero comic, but cop stories are interesting to me too. I really liked the Gotham Central line. It recently ended but they are putting them out in trades. It's basically a story about the Gotham police force doing their job without need Batman's help. It was written by Greg Rucka and really good.

The only real non-mainstream I read are Wildstorm stuff, and that is still pretty much recongized, just not many people read it. The ones I mentioned earlier are all part of the Wildstorm Universe (which is owned by DC anyways), but they all originated out of the Image comics universe in the mid-90's.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators