Old 05-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #16
BezO
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K7 Hands On Impressions (360)

This is what I call progress.

Quote:
This year, you will be able to choose between an overhead, chest or bounce pass. Jones admitted that last year’s game overused the overhead pass and did not always choose the best possible pass. That will be fixed by the new passing feature and tweaked passing AI.
Nice! They need 2 more passes though. Underhand and hand-offs. Overhead passes to a player 2 ft. away always looks wierd.

Quote:
Each player will have a choice of several post moves. Jones described it as the “Shaq”, the “Duncan” and the “Carmelo.” The “Shaq” moves are a power post game. The “Duncan” is a group of finesse post moves. The “Carmelo” is a quickness based post game.
Nice! And I'm glad players will have acess to all moves. Now you can use quickness in the post against a bigger defender, and power against a smaller defender.

Quote:
In NBA 2K7, the bench players, coaches and mascots will each have individual AI. When playing the game you will notice individual bench players reacting to foul calls and the action on the court.
That's a big deal to me because it adds so much to the realism. Nothing kills realism more than everyone moving in unison.

Quote:
Progressive fatigue is another great addition. The days of being able to play your starters 40 minutes plus and it having no effect on your team are gone. This year, managing your players will not only affect their energy in one game but every game. As a coach, you will have to think before playing Lebron 45 minutes in the first game of a back to back.
Maybe what I'm happiest about.

Quote:
One minor disappointment is that Jones couldn’t verify that all 30 arenas will be correct and authentic in this year’s game.
As long as they look good, I could care less. I just hope fans react realistically.