VanCitySportsGuy
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ricky Williams to the CFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Ricky Williams update:

He's been in Toronto for most of the week and has even seen the Argos practice. Leigh Steinberg flew up to Toronto last night. There's a hold up to Ricky signing tho. The standard CFL contract is one year with a player option to stay in the CFL or leave. The Dolphins don't like that as they're afraid Ricky just might like playing in the CFL.

So the Argos brass are trying to work around that but they still need the Dolphins' permission. Quite frankly this is a messy situation.
I don't think it would be that big of an issue. Williams needs the money so he should have no problem signing another legal document that says he has to exercise the player option and return to the Dolphins.

I'm sure the Argos and the rest of the CFL owners want this situation wrapped up soon. Williams is going to sell a ton of tickets. I bet you at least 40,000 show to the Argos home opener if Williams signs with the team.

I'm curious to see how he performs. I don't remember the last time a Pro Bowl calibre player in his prime left the NFL to play in the CFL.