Old 05-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #36
aukevin
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Comic Book Fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21
I think I'm done with Teen Titans. I'm not feeling the current story with the Doom Patrol.
I got to sit down and read quite a few new comics last night, and I didn't think the newest TT was bad. Much better than the previous issue. I like the way Robin didn't let the Doom Patrol guy play his games on him. I'm not sure what all Doom Patrol is about and I'm sure the head guy isn't as controlling as he seemed in that issue, but it was cool seeing Robin stand tall. I like Kid Devil, I hope he sticks around a while, he's a nice addition.

I also got to read issue 4 of All-star Batman and Robin. This was probably my favorite issue so far of the run. I still don't like Miller's view of Superman, but it fit pretty well with this issue. It finally is starting to hit me that Batman is suppose to be a jerk in this series. Right now, he's still new on the job and thinks it is only him against the world and his war is all that matters. He sees that he needs another hand in the war, that's why he recruits Robin. But I think the end of this issue shows that Robin will have a much bigger impact on Batman's life than just another able body in his war against crime. I think maybe by the end of the series, this Batman will start being less of the jerk he's been so far. Batman always will have that tough exterior to him, but I think the overall theme of this story will play out that Batman actually needs to have some type of personal relationships in life and Robin and Alfred will be that.

I read the newest issue of Batman as well (653 I think), and whereas nothing happened in terms of Batman and Robin's investigation of the plotline, I did like the issue. It filled in what happened between Batman and Harvey Dent before Batman leaves and I thought the conversation Dent has with himself in the mirror was good dialog.

I got to read the newest Robin as well. It was good. I was a big fan of Cassandra's Batgirl series, so I was glad she was back. But what's going on with her? I hope she's not a villian. I think there is a secret plan behind it all. Mainly because of a line in Batman #543. When Bats is talking to Dent about taking over in while he leaves for a while, Dent asks why not Batgirl and Batman replies that he'd rather not answer that now (or something to that effect). So I'm hoping Batman and Cassandra have some convert operation going to take down the League of Assasins. But does Cassandra really want Robin to blow Cain away?

52 #3 was pretty cool. Booster Gold is interesting for sure, I've liked reading about him. Seems like he is trying to pull Marty McFly's sports betting trick. That's a weird thing for a hero to do. The timeline between Infinite Crisis #7 and 52 #3 seems a little off as well as it deals with Alexander Luthor. His final scene in IC #7 must really take place in what would happen during week #2 of 52. Otherwise, that part of issue #3 doesn't really hold water unless the body was recovered and then planted this particular week.

Anyway, some pretty good stuff lately...

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators