View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 AM   #1368
Thrasha
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
quote from Papi.

"That's not a good injury," said a sympathetic Ortiz.

"I came back after the All-Star break, but I was weak still. I was a mess because, for the rest of the season, I couldn't swing hard. Every time I took a big swing it hurt. The following season was when I started feeling powerful."

I got that off of SoSH. Sounds like Wily Mo might be a bit of a lost cause for the rest of the year. His biggest upside is his power, and if he's just going to be hacking with no power once he's able to return it'll be tough to keep trotting him out there.

When I heard surgery was needed my first thoughts were fear of him losing some of his power for good. But after reading that David had the same type of injury and looking at what he's turned in to, it's sort of put my nerves at ease.

It seems once we get one guy healthy, another one goes down. Thankfully we've got the day off tomorrow so Lowell and Loretta can get healed up.
“Nobody in the history of the game tried what I just tried. We’re talking about on the biggest stage, in New York, playing out of position and asked to hit fourth for the New York Yankees. I mean, that’s never been done.” - Sheffield on Sheffield