View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
PacMan3000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
A lot of you guys don't understand that NFL 2K5 had it's fair share of problems. It was far and I mean far from a great game. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was it playable? To a point, online the CB AI was so terrible it was exploited on pretty much every play. Offline? Great game and a lot of fun but so was Madden. I'm just saying both games are great games. I don't understand the hate for EA, because 2K hasn't done **** to make me boast about them. NBA 2K6? Fast-break fest, no defense, too easy. NHL 2K6? Much better then EA's but that isn't saying much. And don't get me started on MLB 2K6. All these game companies will have their ups and downs, that's the way it is. Look at 989/SCEA, they went from NFL Gameday 98(one the best football games ever) to NFL Gameday 2003(Worse ever).
Well, I loved the 2K games, but I do agree that they did have their issues. I remember for years you couldn't adjust your KR's in the game. I remember when the announcers didn't say the rookies last names. I remember 2K5's draft glitch of only drafting QB's, RB's, DE's and T's in round one. I remember marquee players getting traded constantly in the game. You'd look up and see Peyton Manning on the Chiefs or Ray Lewis in free agency.

With that said, you saw HUGE strides from the 2K games year to year. I think that's the issue here. In the 2K games, if something was wrong the previous year, they'd work hard to fix it for the next. They got rid of the WWF-esque tackling. They introduced a weekly prep. They gave you halftime highlights. Post game interviews. Mel Kiper draft anaylsis. The presentation was amazing. They even allowed you to add in your own tunes for stadium music. I can go on and on.

With Madden, they seem to ignore the problems people bring up year after year and instead create new modes. I think the Run to Daylight feature is interesting, but not when all the NFL QB's hold the ball high like Aaron Rodgers. Not when the tackling isn't as advanced as it could be. Not when WR's don't catch the ball in stride. Not when there is no TV style presentation. Not when there's a lack of ESPN presence. Not when there is no two man commentary team...