View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #4
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: team ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
1-Yes i mean the general numbers for offense and defense, do they change with roster updates? I've notice that My Redskins defensive and offensive ratings are still the same as before the roster update.
2-I mean can you use two downloads (such as roster downloads from this form and a slider download from another) in a franchise at the same time?
3-Yes i have heard of people being able to play with the historical teams in the franchise and i'm wondering how to do it.
Thanks
I can answer number 3 (and 4):

1) get Finn's editor
2) DL all the historic teams - they are invidual zip files (do not unzip each team file) - see my sig for link to files
3) open Finn's editor and read in a default roster file (not a modded one)
4) select to import team by right clicking on team name in editor
5) select the same historic franchise to import for the team you show in the editor (ie: 89 49ers for the 49ers, 85 Bears for the Bears, etc...)
6) simply go to each team in the roster and repeat #5
7) save your file with a new roster name

Note: the depth charts do get whacked out a bit in this process. Check those when you get in the game for each teams before starting a franchise.

Also, there is no way currently to rename regular teams to historic teams, so you will see Chicago Bears instead of '85 Chicago Bears.

Good luck!