Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBrushTWood
Not sure if I posted this before, but I have this to say:

If the fans boo Pedro Martinez when he takes the mound against the Red Sox next week, I pretty much will 'renounce' my Red-Sox fandom. I probably have an irrational love for Pedro, as he was and still is my favorite player ever, so I feel very strongly about this. If the group of swine in the stands chooses to boo arguably the greatest starting pitcher ever for the Boston Red Sox, I really have no need to be associated with that group of people.

I don't care that he left for more money, or was greedy or whatever half cocked reasoning comes up. The Red Sox are not even close to where they are today in terms of popularity (and there is no way in hell they win the World Series in 2004) without Pedro Martinez pitching. It's that simple.
Hey, they've booed everyone else, why not Pedro??

Seriously, though. I think there's a select group of Red Sox fans like us who realize Pedro is the best pitcher we've ever seen and probably the best pitcher we will ever see. I dont care what Pedro says or does, Id be on my feet cheering every time I see him.
Advertisements - Register to remove