View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 AM   #106
JayoD
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ok, let's give it a shot: COMMUNITY ROSTER/DRAFT UPDATE, everyone get in here

I didn't get a chance to read every post but I managed to get the gist of it. I like the overall idea but in my honest opinion...is it possible to have a different person EACH do one team? It would do wonders for the reserves and players that quite don't get the recognition. Like for example...I'm a diehard Chargers fan. I can read off the top of my head every player on their roster and what position they play for...and for the most part strengths and weaknesses.

So my concern with the Community Roster is that to what may be a scrub to non fans of that team...may actually be a valuable depth player to the "homer."

Case in point...I attached a file of my 2k5 Roster...with the most notable rookies from this year's draft. For the most part...all the Chargers players are pretty solid. The 2nd and in some instances...the 3rd team all have players who are rated at a 70 or above. Not exactly Superstars...but when they are substituted in...they're not a total liability.

Just to note...the way I did the draft class was each successive player is rated lower at their respective position. For example...AJ Hawk is the highest rated linebacker and each player picked at that spot...in succession mind you...is rated lower. There were some exceptions made. Take Kamerion Wimbley who is a 3-4 OLB...he was taken #13 by the Browns. Manny Lawson of the 49ers was taken at #22 and not because he is a worse player...but because of need. There were no teams after #13 and before #22 that were looking for 3-4 OLBs. Actually in case...I graded out Lawson just a tad bit higher due to his combine numbers. Also...players are rated in comparisons. The ratings for Wimbley and Lawson are similar to what Ware and Merriman were rated at.

Anyways...take a look and let me know how you guys feel about the overall ratings. I didn't focus on their gear...at all. To me...their ratings and how they played were more important than what type of helmets and facemasks they had on.