View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #51
BejitaSan
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Competition in the marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I see where you are going with this. But it's simply business. And good business at that. I don't see where this could be contrued as wrong, or unethical. They did what any other well run business would do in their shoes. They secured their marketshare. You think if 2k had the resources they wouldn't have done the same thing, or Midway or whomever? I mean it's a complete no-brainer.

Again, I have been affected by this as much as anyone else. I was a 2k player, really never played Madden at all. Never liked Madden, still don't. But I Am not going to call a business move unethical because of events that didn't go the way I would have liked.

At least EA put out a football 360 and PC game. They took the NASCAR game, and now I don't think there is a 360 or PC version coming out. That really stings. But it is what it is.
I'd certainly saying buying out the Arena and Legends licenses was certainly unethical because the sole motivation was to avoid competition. Football competition of any kind was unacceptable to EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove