View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
mercalnd
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: HOF Madden 07 and EA SPORTS STORE issue..

I ordered at the 39.99 price like many people did. I have used the EA Store many times before as they send me 15$ off coupons often, they have relatively low shipping to Canada and I've never had customs charges with them in more than 10 shipments. Preorders usually get to me within 2 days even though I always use regular shipping. So overall, I'd say they are pretty good.

Now, on to the ugly part. On 2 separate occasions, I've had orders just not be processed after a price change. The irony is that both times the price had actually gone down. Both times when I asked, the first response was the order is currently being processed and then nothing happens. Last time it happened, I asked them if the new price came with a different SKU in their system, citing my previous similar experience, meaning the SKU associated with my product was never released and my order never processed. They said that my order had been rejected because of a credit card error and would be cancelled as a result. Aparrently, the order in the system was to be updated within a few days. That was in February and my order is still listed as "Ordered", never been cancelled.

My guess is they won't say they're canceling all the orders. They'll either honor them, or more likely, the orders will go unprocessed, they'll feed you the credit card information error line when you ask about it.