View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2K5 roster 2K7 sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Finally at last, I've been waiting like forever for you to get started on these at now you've finally caught the bug (Sorry no pun intended) to get busy again!

I want to see the whole process from the beginning I'm already familiar with your 2K6 roster and its Franchise very immpressive job on both of them despite that crazy return bug I control all teams anyway at various point so it didn't bother me. I want to see some new and different ideas, I've checked out slimm44 and his work and liked what he did with them but need to see more and keep an open mind, this helps my perspective when creating different rosters and looks so I'm wishing you much success with these so show me something different but not crazy you know what I'm talkin' about bro just keep it real!
Hey Rickster, yeah, I finally have started on my 2K7 roster. I was going to wait until final cuts but I keep seeing you, Flipmo23 and others working on their roster files so got a little anxious and decided to start early.

I'm still going to have global edits like I had in my 2K6 file but a few may be altered somewhat. The one thing that I have always hated since 2K3 is that players have attributes that they dont need. In 2K1 and 2K2, attributes were based on position and that's they way I like it to be which is why I added global edits in the first place.

The main new thing that I have planned is that im "re-doing" all the rookies ratings from 2004 and 2005 using the setup that I created for the 2006 rookies. Then, those rookies will be adjusted accordingly.

I also have a setup for player attributes that I may use if I have time to complete. It's basically based on tpaterniti's attribute chart but altered since all players, attributes and team ratings end in a 0, 2, 5, 7 or 8.

I also have something planned that has to do with 2K3 and 2K4 player ratings.

Speaking of 2K3, do you have the opening and final rosters for it from VC as is? If so, could you please post them or send them to me in a PM? I would appreciate it.

Also, in my final 2K7 roster, all the rookies from 2006 (and possibly 2004 and 2005 but I havent decided on that yet) will be included whether or not they are on a team, practice squad or as a free agent.

Right now, im waiting for ATS Consultants 2006 Ultimate Pro Football Annual to be in newsstands this week so I can easily check player stats from last year, depth charts, etc.

I know that you've been waiting for my 2K7 roster and everything but considering that my 49ers have traded away Pickett, signed FS Roman and DT/DE DeLoach in the last few days, you can see why I usually wait until final cuts. So many things can happen between now and September 2nd. Oh well.

Other then the basic stuff, I dont really have anything huge planned for my 2K7 roster. I have looked over some stuff like that 64/127 aggression model but I dont want any attribute to surpass 98 so that's eliminated. And just so you know, no player will be rated past 98 and no rookie will be rated past 82. I was thinking about using that speed percentage for OL so they can run faster when blocking on sweeps and tosses.

Anyway, that's pretty much it but I do have a second favor to ask of you. I know that one of your rosters uses global edits. Can you simulate a season and let me know if that starting QB punt/kick returner bug happens in you files? I'm trying to figure out what caused that to happen and if its not due to global edits, then my guess would be that I used two different editors.

Oh well, get back to me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Last edited by dan77733; 07-29-2006 at 03:55 PM.