View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #33
digit4lcowboy
Rookie

digit4lcowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

I was robbed last night on Heisman. It had little to do with the momentum but I'm still pissed so I gotta rant.....

I was #13 Arkansas(6-0) playing at home against unranked Ole Miss (5-2). They fumble on their first play, I swoop it up and run it down inside the 10. Then I have McFadden try to sweep left and run it in. I get down to inches from the goal line and instead of running it into the corner untouched I get cocky and try to make slight contact with their defender and I fumble. I'm pissed but I learned my lesson. We go back and forth never getting up by more than 4 points. Then they tie it at the last second on a field goal and overtime here we come. So it is 24-24 going into OT. I strike first on a TD, then they score a TD and another TD on their next possession in double OT. However I block their extra point. Now all I have to do is score a TD and kick the extra point and I win by one. Well they squash McFadden in the backfield on 1st and 10. Now I have 12 yards to go. Well I get Marcus Monk (my #1 receiver and impact player) literally wide open (I'm talking a big 7-10 yard defender free circle around the guy) on 3 straight plays and on 3 straight plays he drops the damn ball. This guy's strength is posession so he has good hands and he had dropped maybe 3 passes total in the previous 6 games (Provided they were good passes). Total bulls#$%! I mean I guess it could happen but it ain't likely for a guy to drop 3 wide open passes in a row when he is that good, a 3 year starter, and playing at home.