Old 08-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
therizing02
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I'm now a believer in the Momentum meter being too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Last night was the first time I really noticed it. Playing on Heisman w. my own sliders...

First year of my dynasty, I'm #6 PSU at #5 OSU.

They get the ball first and I get them into a 3rd and 12 situation right off the bat. They convert the third down for a 27 yard gain and their momentum meter pops halfway up. They then cut through my D like it's nothing (I don't have a problem w. that) and go up 7-0.

I put together an okay drive that ends on a Morelli INT in OSU territory when he got hit while throwing. They now have full momentum, which they'll keep until 2 minutes into the 4th quarter.

I couldn't really do much on offense (again I don't have a problem w. this) and they were basically unstoppable. Smith was running and passing all over my D. With 5 minutes left in the game I'm losing 38-0. They put in their second stringers after Morelli's 2nd INT.

The first play Zwick tries to throw a pass to the flat and my CB picks it off and returns it for six. 38-7, I now have full momentum. Next possession, a fumble. I call a play action pass, 47 yard TD pass to Derrick Williams. Next possession, another fumble. A long TD pass to Deon Butler this time. 38-21 w. around 3 minutes left. This time Zwick throws another INT on a terribly thrown post-pattern. Another TD pass to D-Will, I miss the 2-point conversion so it's 38-26. I get the ball one last time but time ran out when I was on their 24 yard line.

Granted my comeback had something to do w. their second stringers being in, once I got the momentum I scored four touchdowns and they had four turnovers in a four minute span.

I definitely agree w. others who said that if the home team scores first and get full momentum they almost always win. So far I'm 4-1 w. PSU, all my home games have been blowouts.

Just add this to the list of problems with the game. WHY was OSU throwing the ball that late in the game with a 38 point lead?! The playcalling AI is whack as well.