View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Village Idiot
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
PS2 Troubles: Heisman Too Easy!!

I've been playing the majority of my games with the CPU's defense sliders maxed, on Heisman. Having played an entire season that way with Michigan, and leading the nation in offense, I was beginning to suspect I still needed to bring down the human sliders some.

Last night I put together the hardest slider set I could think of that would still be fun enough so that my guys weren't running in slow motion. Something like this:

HUM OFFENSE:

QBA: 35
PB: 15
WRC: 50
RBA: 20
RBL: 15

CPU DEFENSE:

AWR: 99
KND: 99
INT: 15
BB: 99
TKL: 50

This is Heisman we're talking about. There's no excuse for me not to get my tail handed to me with sliders like that, right?

Well, I take a crappy (C+ overall) BYU team into TCU (B overall) and hang a 45 on them. Over 250 yards rushing, nearly 300 yards passing.

I would bring up the tackle slider (and have even played a handful of games with it also maxed) but that just means more hard hits and more fumbles, not necessarily better defense. Same is true of the INT slider: so I throw 5 INTs a game (supposing that would even happen); that's not better defense, that's stupid.

Seriously, I'm at a loss - because the game really can't get any harder than I already have it. What am I gonna do - make it so half my throws are garbage? Make it so the WR's drop half the passes? Make it so my RB's run at half-speed?

The bottom line is that the CPU defense just isn't very good.

Now before you hit me with the proverbial sarcasm talking about how great I must be, and how I 'must' be doing this or that for the game to be so easy, understand that I'm making this post in the first place because I think the problem is inherent: you'll all eventually experience the same thing, sooner or later. I'm a 'sim' guy, I don't cheese the CPU in the slightest. I call a very basic game: I run a lot, use my TE's a lot, and throw the deep ball maybe three or four times a game. I'm not some little kid who likes to see his QB's throw for 600 yards and have his team score 88 points. In fact, the whole idea behind maxing the defensive sliders was to get lower-scoring games ... and it's just not happening.

I'm into year two of my Dynasty with Michigan, and my non-conference schedule was #9 Tennessee, #11 Notre Dame, and a solid B Kansas State team.

I lost to Tennessee 27-13. Great, right? Well, the score was great, but I still have well over 400 yards of offense. Notre Dame I clubbed, 44-16. Kansas State, 45-20. Both the latter two could have been worse.

That's when I popped in the BYU-TCU game and the ridiculous sliders mentioned above. Another 45 points and 500+ yards of offense.

Short of imposing a bunch of house rules on myself, I'm out of ideas. If anyone's had a similar problem and figured out a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Regards.

[Note: I'm being serious with my request for help, fellas. Please do not litter this thread with 'I play on AA and have great games' (irrelevant) and 'Wow, you're just too good' (not true) posts. This is a serious problem. I can't remember the last time I ran into a game that was just explicitly 'too easy' like this. And like I said, even if you don't agree with me now, I suspect you will sooner or later.]

Last edited by Village Idiot; 08-04-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove