View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #7
Moostache
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Exclusive to MM Ian Cummings Gameplay Document!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
"Replay Challenge
Accomplishments
• Added replay challenges to both NCAA and Madden.
Added a new type of trapped catch that has the receiver make a catch and then bobble it as it hits the ground."

This is a real nice touch.
That would be really cool IF IT WERE ONLINE ENABLED!!!!

My single biggest gripe with the direction of the Madden Series is the lack of online enabled features. No online mini-games. No online selectable stadiums. No online selectable weather. No online selectable gametime. No online selectable jerseys. This is bad enough to me that these offline featues are not available online, but what makes it worse is teh fact that at one point they were ALL online enabled in one way or another in teh Madden franchise.

It is one thing to have poor servers that create some connection problems for gamers separated by long distances. (A situation beat to death in other threads...) But to me, it is a far worse thing to be slowly allowing the online play option to be sapped of its features and further stripped down each year.

I know that online play costs them money to keep it running, and I know that this is "free" with the game ("free" meaning paid for out of the funds raised by game sales); but if it meant paying an annual subscription fee to have lag-free, connection-problem free and all game features enabled for online play, then I would fork over the cash.

Madden without online play is a game I can play for about 2 months.
Madden with online play is a game I can play almost year-round.
For myself and many other gamers, online play breathed new life into the world of video game football.

Please EA, pretty please, stop giving the online players a shorter and shorter thrift each year!

Bring back selectable uniforms!
Bring back selectable stadiums!
Bring Back selctable weather conditions!
(I cannot be the only one tired of playing games in Soldier Field that are always 72 degrees and sunny!)
Bring back (and expand) online mini-games!

Get all of this into the game (again) and keep making gameplay improvments =