View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
the_future420
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Players going pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
If you're only getting 15 man classes, you're either wasting time going after recruits you have no chance of getting, or you're spending too many points with sending the house and head coach visits. I've actually gotten commitments out of players after a single phone call. It's not going to happen all the time, but it's possible.

If you don't have enough points, you can either

1) win a few more games
2) allocate a greater percentage towards recruiting

Also, you have to target in-state recruits if you want to get a lot of guys, especially if you are not a high prestiget eam. In-staters only cost 15 points to "send the house" versus something like 24 or 32 for out of state recruits. I can't stress it enough...recruiting in-state is crucial.

Are you talking 360 or current gen? I have had problems, as my largest recruiting class has been 17 I believe. And this is with Notre Dame. My classes have been in the top15 though each year, its just I never get alot of 3 or 2 star guys. Whats the strategy here? Do you target 3 star guys early on? I usually like to wait until weeks 3 or 4 to start looking at 2 and 3 star guys because I figure I can still pick up the ones that are interested, but they never seem to come.