View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #7
e0820
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Throw Stick Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelldarim31
I had an idea... with the whole overhaul and step forward in sports games by assigning the important aspects of each sport to the right thumb stick, I decided football should take a new step forward... what do you guys think about this:

"Throw Stick"

When you are the QB, instead of button pressing (throw to A, B, X, Y, RT reciever etc...) You just push the stick in the direction you want to throw it. For power, you pull back on the stick.

Example...

You pull all the way back on the stick, and then you push the stick forward to the upper right... but not all the way... It will be a Lofty pass that goes deep to the upper right of the field...

Say you pull back not so far, and then push the stick straight forward all the way... It will be a bullet pass over the middle around the first down or a little further.

Not pulling back on the stick, will result in passing that doesn't go more than 10 yards...

If you pull back on the stick but don't push forward... its a fake pass.

So... for a Screen pass... you would just push the right thumb stick to either the immediate left or right.

Also... for guys like Peyton Manning, if you don't push the stick in the perfect direction, its not a big deal... the AI will allow a little error to allow the throw to be a better throw and hit recievers... for worse QB's like Brooks Bollinger, you have to be near perfect to perfect to hit those WR's...

I just feel this would add depth the being the QB, but at the same time, be fun to use, and innovative. In a sense it would be easier once you get used to it... instead of reading which button to throw, and then pressing the button... you are just firing in a direction with a stick...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???
So would this be along the lines of the Arcade version of John Elway Football?
I believe that had a throw stick.