Old 09-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #30
KBomber
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K7 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
The sad part is you occasionally make a somewhat valid point and then you negate it by trying to personally attack people who simply ask you to qualify your statement.

The Reviewers on this site will, on occasion, offer a statement on the score because we have a large audience who factor everything into that number (like yourself).

Finally, know your history...

OS has in the past used multiple scoring systems. We did a 1-100, but people argued that a game didn't deserve a 89... it should have gotten an 87. Foolish. We tried a 1-5, which severly handcuffed our writers. We tried removing scores all together and people were outraged. When Shawn became the Managing Editor, we finally settled on the 10 point system and he gave our Staff definitions for each score. Shawn's system is rock solid internally and, to be frank, he has the credentials in this industry (and others) to trust this direction.

Thank you for your opinions. We'll be releasing at least one new review every day this week, including 3 of mine. I'll look forward to hearing what I've done wrong on each.
Calling you over-sensitive is as much an opinion as a personal attack, you can view it either way, quite honestly. If you guys are committed to a 10 point scale, I still think that you are better served if that is expressed to decimal places, is weighted to varying criteria and considers the fact that no game is perfect, thereby eliminating scores of 10 in the first place

That's it, that's all

Have fun...................

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter