Old 10-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #51
quietcool72
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rumor: 360 Patch Cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
*GASP* What did you do to the real Quietcool?
Howdy Graphik...
Oh, i'm the same ol' SOB. I just "thought" that the lapse in Madden 06 Current gen would be made up for in Madden 06 360... which was a huge dissappointment.

You and Jmood called it long before I did. (I posted about this last November, but you guys never responded..must've been busy) I was giving EA the benefit of the doubt. I thought there were still some gamers on the dev team with some pride.

Pride seems to have been replaced with pushing whatever out the door to meet a deadline, whether it works or not.

What really irks me is that EA's plan for Next Gen was to release raw betas to the public, and tell everyone "Hey, built from the ground up..."

That's a bad plan- at least in terms of quality.

I argue we all would have been better off if they would have ported current gen's engine over and pimped the graphics massively for 2 years, while having a seperate team working on the future 360 product for a few years till it was up to scratch in terms of bugs, features, ESPN integration..etc.

Instead, Madden 360 Beta 2 hit the shelves this August...and for the most part with a Madden 2003 feature set. ('cept Madden 03 played better online..)

What's worse- it looks like EA's focus (according to what they are revealing in NBA Live 07 360) isn't so much that the ESPN license is about adding ESPN presentation and style to the game (like 2K did)..but rather to allow users to stream live, real world "sportcenter" and "PTI" via the 360.

That's nice and all...but I think if we really wanted to just WATCH an ESPN broadcast... we'd do it by turning to ESPN on the dial.

What a mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove