View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game Review (PC)

We have just posted our GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game review. Find out what Terry Crouch had to say about it.
"Back when I reviewed GTR FIA Racing a year ago for this site, I fell in love with the title. Racing game fans and game modders turned racing game developers (SimBin), published by a company (10tacle Studios) that allowed them to create a racing simulation that was as hardcore as it got was a recipe for success. However, as highly praised as the title was by most reviewers and hardcore racing enthusiasts as it was, it received legitimate complaints that it was a bit too hardcore for the average racing fan. For people who wanted to hop into a Ferrari 360 Modena or a Saleen S7 without knowing the intricacies of trail braking, GTR was an exercise in frustration. It wasn’t uncommon to hear of players spending a week or more simply trying to make a few successive laps around any given course (with all of the driving aids off) without spinning out or turning the car into a scrap heap. GTR2 is obviously a simulation that, while maintaining its excellent physics engine, brings the game back down to Earth a bit, allowing non-gearhead casual fans and hardcore racers alike to enjoy it equally."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove