Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #2706
GBrushTWood
Banned

GBrushTWood's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Boston Red Sox - 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_sports_rule
Think Macha comes in as a bench coach for Tito?
Hopefully not, given the reports we are hearing about how he communicates with players. Isn't one of the bench coach's primary responsibilities to facilitate communication between the coaching staff and players?

Also, I haven't heard anything bad about Brad Mills. I'd file that in the 'no news is good news' department, especially given how Red Sox fans tend to nitpick every minute aspect of Red Sox employees actions..

About Adam Dunn

I think the only way acquiring Adam Dunn works out is if a couple of other moves coincide with an acquisition for him. Namely, one of Wily Mo Pena or Manny Ramirez has to leave (tough choice there ), because they simply can not have 4 DH's on the roster. They would also have to obtain a right fielder who is a competent fielder above being a competent hitter (assuming one with both skills is unavailable, which I think is the case).

Then, and only then, would an acquisition of Dunn make some sense. Even still, Dunn's last year was pretty mediocre and I think it is certainly debateable whether the upgrade in offense from him vs. Youkilis or Lowell would outweigh the defensive downgrade from one of the aforementioned two . Adam Dunn is simply not a good hitter. He is just a really, really powerful one.