Old 10-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NBA Live 07 Review (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Sliders exist for various reasons. I like them because I’m not the gamepad guru that my nephew is and I respond slowly to certain aspects of a game. This allows me to compensate for my eroded skills. Yes, someday this will happen to you. It allows me to tailor the game to my perceptions. Some people are very picky about realistic stats and others could care less. Sliders allow everyone to suit their own tastes. Frankly, I’m very grateful for sliders. I do agree that too many sliders are frustrating and can actually drive you crazy. A good balance should come straight out of the box and minor adjustments would be optimal.
Absolutely. Release a game without sliders and you would face a mutiny. To assume its EA's fault (and this exists for ALL sports games) would only be fair if you were to look at the slider forums and see the same or similar adjustments made for each poster. When you look at the NCAA football slider forum, I like to see what people do but they often do very different things. Some raise blocking, others lower it, some raise def. awareness while others drop it. That simply shows people's expectations and skill levels regarding a game are different and that sliders are the only way to please the majority.