View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #33
JoeGibbsStudent
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349
I knew full well these wouldn't work for everyone, I wasn't trying to be negative. Like I said, it wasn't just my defense getting burned, it was the cpu's as well. It's not that I don't know how to play defense.

If I make modifications to the slider set and then post stats, is that ok?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I suppose it wouldn't help... just create more confusion. I'll keep trying though, these seem to be a great base set.
Yeah I think I came off wrong when I said "learn to play defense," which of course implies that you don't know how to play defense, which is something I didn't mean to imply.

Read this though, regarding the User torching the CPU defense...it may help...two versions ago we had the User PBLK 5 notches lower than it is now and the CPU KND 5 notches higher than it is now. When it was set like that, User averaged 185 passing yards per game. Here's the link to that particular set of stats ALL MADDEN SLIDERS FOR XBOX 360

When we increased User PBLK and decreased CPU Knockdown, User averaged 265 passing yards per game (which is where it is now).

The point is, we can very easily go back to making the User passing game more difficult. However, we need to be patient, get some more games played, then we can change it.

Regarding the CPU passing game being too hard for the User, here are my per game averages with the Redskins after week five of my franchise:

Code:
Points Scored Per Game	29.2
Total Offense		288.0
Rush Offense		117.8
Pass Offense		170.2
Total Defense		271.0
Rush Defense		90.4
Pass Defense		180.6
Turnover Differential	+2.0
Now, to be fair, less plays occur in my games than in others because I run clock control offense. That is a big reason why I only give up 180 passing yards per game.

But it's all good...we have the data to adjust the sliders (average) fairly accurately. I just won't do it until there's more data.