View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #4
puja21
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: puja21 roster

Regarding a global edit which is in my file:

Quote:
There are 173 players (236 counting FAs) w/ a consistency rating below 50. I have always used 50 as a basement for that attribute. Also, nearly all the rookies in the OSDCR file got rated at least 50 in CON.

Oddly, this group of "inconsistent players" included Steve Hutchinson & Kellen Winslow among others. I know there isn't any one stat to easily measure this attribute (like there is for speed/strength etc), & I can't speak for everyone... but this is something that I a plan on adjusting up a good amount for solid players such as these (Kellen Winslow has been best fantasy TE all season, so it's pretty safe to say his problems & motorcycles are behind him)

I have used Finn's editor to raise the minimum consistency for everyone to 50. For the record, according to that commercial "when I knew I was good," there are 1800 NFL players... so this is an anomoly affecting <1% of the guys. I already tested this to see how it would effect OVR rating, & for the most part it's not significant (I guess you guys don't care about OVR anyway though). For almost ~70% of these players, the OVR rating increased by 3 or less... many didn't change at all.
So basically, the players in my roster will all "play up to" their ratings at least half the time. This is essential IMO because I have already dumped the ratings of lower-caliber players, so they don't need such low consistency on top of this adjustment