View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
dan77733
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: puja21 Franchise: Real college players in draft class

You can't overwrite the names of the 380 players that are in the Draft Class but you can get around it. I got around it this past March when I created 50 rookies for my 2k6 franchise file. I had Leinart, D'Brickashaw, Hawk, Cutler, Greenway, etc. all named correctly despite not existing in the game disc itself. All 50 players that I created appeared correctly in Finn's editor and in-game.

This is what I did. For example, D'Brickashaw. I used the name list that appears on the right when you click on that little square box next to every player's first and last name.

All the names in the name list (except generated rookies) can be overwritten. I would find a player's name that there was more then one of. For example, Adams. I would then use (for example), 49ers DT Anthony Adams to replace the generated rookie's first name.

I then simply overwrite Adams into D'Brickashaw. I then go to 49ers DT Anthony Adams who would now be named Anthony D'Brickashaw. I use the name list to replace D'Brickashaw with Adams from another player.

For example, Sam Adams. Now, in the name list, you would see both Anthony Adams and Sam Adams linked to the same last name. Just like the generated rookies are. When you look at the generated rookies from the Draft Class in Finn's editor, you'll notice that a lot of them are linked together by their first or last name.

I did with Anthony and Sam Adams what VC did with those generated rookies.

I hope this doesnt sound confusing. If anything, do a member search on me (dan77733) and then find all the topics that I have created. Find my "franchise2k6" topic, download the franchise file and check it out yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove