View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #807
Rickster101
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity
Okay, so I think I have the hang of transactions.

Only notable transaction(one of the teams players went on IR and they signed a nobody from the practice squad--im leaving injured players alone) was that the Giants waived Lance Legree and signed P Sean Landeta.

I got Landeta's stats and he had about a 43-44 yard average punt, so I compared that to Brad Maynard who was punting a 43.2 average. I took Maynard's stats and adjusted them to the 44 year old punter. I got his DOB, height, weight, nfl expierence and put them on there.

That's how it's done, right?

I'm going to wait a couple days and allow a few more transactions to happen, then release a new version. I'm going to go through and see if I notice any big changes needed ratings wise as well. :-/ Rick, if you think I'm being out of line here I'll just create a new thread if you'd like.

Actually I have no problem at this point since this thread has turned out alot of guys doing rosters its a good thing to see other guys like yourself do them which is one of the reasons this thread was started, to keep 2K Football alive and in the eye of interested fans still wanting an alternative until its specutative at best return.

So go ahead and do your thang post what you got but seeing these are your roster versions now, based off of the ones set-up for you here what changes you've done are solely your own ideas on interpetations on what the "Base" set you used here so this particular "Edit" edtion is yours to re-name and post as your own.

If you want to do them here fine I'm cool with that but it be less confusing if they knew these were soley your own rosters, most guys do post them in their own threads adding to the different rosters available, just look around they're out there, the rosters posted here are OSCDRV rosters and are I keep them pretty much based so anybody can DL them and edit them as you have adding or subtracting to them, there will be probably one or two more sets in this series.

Now these are worth taking a look at and I'm looking forward to checkin' em' out because this could be the next OSCDRV roster update and you'll save me some time and work and I'll just post them OSCDRv42 and you can post still post updates its up to you!

But anyway I'm glad you did think about that RB edit it didn't play out to good for me but I was using the Browns (don't laugh) among a few other teams its wasn't what I expected, it was worse! Hopefully with this new update things will turnout much better.

The edits played great I do like what you've done especially the QBs those are spot on and I had looked twice really good because I had simular edits I was working own myself, well I 'm gonna get a few more games in later and see how this new roster set looks and I'll get back to you or PM.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling