Old 12-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #16
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Screens, Play Action, Reverses, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Things like screen passes, WR screens, play action, WR reverses, etc? I've had very little success in previous versions so was wondering how these work in 07.
I tend to avoid screen passes since I have little success. I will throw a flanker screen once in awhile and they can work but they always make me nervous if I can't see the DB over there. Screens worked very well in 2K4 but not in 2K5.

Playaction works very well. Rollouts can work but I tend not to run them if the opposing team has great DEs since they often break in and sack the QB. I would definately only run them with QBs with decent speed. The non rollout playaction works well too as long as you run it to the QB's throwing side. For a right handed QB, the fake has to be to the right since it takes him too long to turn around if you fake left. The I-formation playaction to the FB works well as can the PA Scissors play. The PA Strike with the left WR dragging across the middle is also effective.

Two of my other favourite PA plays are out of the ACE - Twin TE formation. Both TEs are on the right and the PA Seam play to the streaking TE in front of the safety works great. Sometimes the safety will come up and the TE will be wide open. The PA Rollout works well against zone defenses too as your TE should be open on the corner.

I've long given up on ever trying to pull off a reverse in a video game. I've never run that play right and I've never seen any team ever gain yards against me using it either. With Arkansas's new offense, EA needs to work on some of that stuff.