View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
College Hoops 2K7 Review (360)

We have just posted our College Hoops 2K7 review. Find out what Aaron Holbert had to say about it.
"I must admit that I’m not a huge college basketball fan. I watch a lot of games and go to a few Georgetown and Maryland games a year, but I’ve always preferred the NBA. That said, every year the basketball game that I play the most every year is 2K’s College Hoops series. For the past four years, it’s been the game that has come closest to representing real basketball. I’m ashamed to say it, but I was actually upset when last year’s XBOX 360 release was pushed back to March because that meant I wasn’t going to be able to play the game during the real season. Well, its winter again, and the College Hoops series is back with another strong effort.

Graphically, this game is on par with the past 2K basketball games, but this still remains a weak part of this series. The body models are decent, but some of the heads on the models are too big. Also, while I know that the NCAA prevents game developers from creating players that resemble the real-life players, there are far too many players that look nothing like their real life counterpart. I understand that it’s a fine line but it’s not a NCAA violation to create a player that has the same skin tone as the real player. Thankfully, all of this can be edited with the player editor. This year’s game has the most complete editor I’ve seen in a basketball game. If you have the time, you can replicate the face of your favorite player."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove