View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 08:36 PM   #65
VCdolphin
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Blue-Lightning of 2K Sports forums confirms that a 2K Football game is being made

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
If we get some well thought out team concepts and unis, i wouldnt mind if the game couldnt be modified to mimick the actual NFL teams, as long as the rosters could. I know its huge for some, but i'd be fine with a league filled with teams like the "inferno" and "generals" teams over at the support2k site. IMO those are 2 of the best team concept and helmet designs i have ever seen. usualy generic teams unis and logos are garbage.

I cant imagine wanting to use the bears unis after seeing that inferno helmet LOL
I feel about the same. I don't need the real NFL team names and logos as long as I could create the actual players. There is more emotional investment when you know the actual players and what they can do versus some generic guy with a rating.

In fact, I'd find it more satisfying to create my own team names and logos, and not just copy the NFL. Being able to do both would be nice.

Imagine joining an online league though, to play a season, and you get to choose a city, then create your team colors, uniforms, name and logo? How cool would that be? Then a draft for players? You would be, in effect, an owner in a startup league. A league commissioner could set up the team divisons and game schedule.

I'm sure the 2K guys have been trying to "think outside the box" as they consider how a generic game could offer new gaming experiences. What is the advantage of NOT being tied to the NFL? What can we do that a Madden game couldn't/wouldn't do?
Advertisements - Register to remove