Old 12-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
rumfinator
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Using the IR feature....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
The IR feature in Finn's editor can be used for players who are 100% healthy. So, for example, if you're playing with the Jets and want to play realistic and put RB Curtis Martin on IR, you can.

I dont know what happens if you place healthy players on IR after week one as I have never done that. I'm in the process of creating my 2k7 roster and 2k7 franchise file and was testing out what happens if I put healthy players on IR in week one during franchise.

I was going to put players like 49ers C Jeremy Newberry, Chiefs RB Priest Holmes, Jets RB Curtis Martin and Rams RB Marshall Faulk on IR using Finn's editor so they can all remain in the franchise file for future seasons while at the same time, not use up a roster spot on the team's 54 player roster.

However, if that 5 player limit is true, then wasting an IR spot on players who will most likely retire in February is pretty much a waste to begin with.

I know that when I put players on IR using Finn's editor, others disappear. Maybe, its because im putting more then one at a time like the other person said.

Personally, there's no reason to use IR in Finn's editor unless you want to keep players like Martin, Faulk, etc. in your franchise but dont want them on the roster or in free agents. I simply use the in-game IR feature.

As for what happens to healthy players in-game after you place them on IR in Finn's editor, they appear on your injury report as being on IR but being 100% healthy and having no actual injury listed.

As for doing this at certain weeks during the season, im not sure what happens.
thanks!! I actually went through and placed the big time players off all the teams on IR that are actually on IR. I did this by using the "do one-save-exit-reload" method. It took awhile, but i had no players disappear!! The only bug I have seen from this method is that is places odd players in certain special teams positions...like Leonard little as the rams kick returner. Other than that...the feature worked well with the above method.

Thanks to Dan and everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove