Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #54
Lintyfresh85
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Packers vs Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, they are all on the level of a T.O., Irvin, Rice, Harrison, etc...

Sharpe ended his career early, Franks? the guy isn't even starting anymore, Freeman was a 5th round draft choice that peaked early and you never heard from again, Driver was a 7th round draft choice, Rison, was at the end of his career.

I'll give you Walker, but he only had one good season in GB. Chmura was a good TE whose career ended early as well.

Besides Walker and Franks who has fizzled, none of those above are 1st round blue chip WR's.

This year it's been Ruville Martin and Caryle Holliday in the hit parade. Jennings was injuried and recovering from that injury most of the season.
Driver has four 1,000+ receiving yard seasons... has scored 36 td's and been to 1 pro bowl while with Farve...

Walker had one 1,000+ receiving yard season... but he improved every year... just because he didn't light the world on fire his first and second years in the league doesn't make him not good. Also made a pro bowl while in Green Bay and finished with 22 td's in the 3 seasons he was healthy in Green Bay.

Sharpe led the league in back to back seasons in receptions... finishing each season with over 1,000 yards in the 92 and 93 seasons. He also totaled 1,000 yards in 5 of his last six years of his career. Also can't forget he was a 5 time pro-bowler... certainly no loser there...

Freeman had 3 straight 1,000 yard receiving seasons, reached one pro bowl and finished with over 6,500 yards receiving and 57 td's in his green bay career.

Franks is a 3 time pro bowler... so yeah, he must be pretty bad as well.

Chmura also was a 3 time pro bowler...

Your right the stats don't lie.... 14 pro bowl season among them, 13-1,000 yards receiving seasons, and plenty of great careers among them. How you can say he didn't have talent surrounding him is beyond me... Throw in Ahman Green who is a 4 time pro bowler at RB, and William Henderson who has made 1 pro bowl and is steady as there is at FB and I'd have to say Farve has been pretty lucky with the talent he's been blessed to play with.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.