Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Dieselboy's Week 17 NFL Wrap-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
I know the offensive is very solid, but the rushing attack is mediocre. Maybe, Jamal Lewis is saving it for the playoffs.
lol, that's funny. I will say that since Billick gave up the RBBC idea the offense has been much smoother but I agree, Jamal has been average at best this year. All I'm saying is that the passing game has been better than it's ever been in Baltimore with Lewis being "good enough" to balance it. If he were anywhere close to 2 years ago the Ravens would be by far the best team in the league, but alas, he's a shell of his former self. That's why I worry about the Colts. Their weakness is the run but I can't imagine Jamal putting more than maybe 110 on them and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get 100. Meanwhile, the Ravens strength begins with run defense and have more trouble in pass coverage. They feed off of shutting down the opponents' run game, forcing them to throw the ball more and screw up their gameplan... that IS the Colts gameplan.

If the game happens we'll see how weak the Colts run d really is and how strong the Ravens pass d really is. Even if the Ravens win, they'll provide some useful film for whoever they've got next. Hopefully KC can take em down.