Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #79
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN on 2K8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
It's not really the us vs them mentality, since I don't have anything against people liking Madden or anything. I mean, it is just a game. And if he did belong to one of the camps I'd say he would be w/ us since he enjoyed 2k5 so much. I just wanted to know where asianflow was coming from. It isn't too often you get the, "I love 2k5 but don't think I'd play the next 2k football game," mindset here in these forums. I mean if 2k made a football game I thought for sure that nearly everyone here would be the first in line to preorder it. And those that aren't going to buy the game right away will at least consider purchasing 2k after the reviews come out, not write it off even before anything's even been officially announced.

I do believe you are right about people getting their hopes up about the 2k game being the perfect football game, and I do understand that Madden could theoretically be a more solid product than a generic 2k game next year, but it just doesn't seem likely. I appreciate how you try to keep a very realistic and objective perspective on things, but I think a lot of us see reason to get really excited by any new 2k football game b/c VC has shown an ability in the past to make great strides w/ their titles, and anything building off of 2k5 has the potential to be phenomenal. Just as EA has shown in the past an ability to squander opportunities. I realize inductive reasoning never makes things 100% certain, but for some of us it is enough until 2k or EA proves differently.
I feel you man. And it does appear that my comments are pretty much directed at you but they were actually just a reminder to the many people that are going a bit overboard. I think you, me and asianflow are all pretty close on how we feel about an upcoming (and now announced!) game. I'm just as excited as anyone, but still have to leave open the chance of it not being very good. I don't want to take the wind out of anyone's sail today of all days but look at the PS3. Too much hype.