Old 02-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #59
CaptainZombie
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Arena Football: Road to Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
I agree, the slowdown can be annoying, but it's not gamebreaking...to me, but yeah it feels more polished and looks and feels better, the gameplay that is...

as for announcers, still the same madden pa guy, no play-by-play...the practice mode has more realistic lighting than the game with the spotlights.
The slowdown was annoying at first, but it doesn't happen quite often which is mind boggling. I'm glad that we have AFL as an alternative to Madden and Blitz. I do hope that next year AFL moves to the next gen hardware as this game is begging for that upgrade.

I think that the arenas received a bigger upgrade as we have more players finally falling over the walls when they crash over them. Another cool thing is crashing into the walls and bouncing off of them unlike last years game which was limited to these animations. There is more lighting effects like you mentioned DOA + more spotlights.

Some additional comments:
-No commentary is a negative imo which could have helped with the atmosphere.
-No 16:9 or 480P
-Playbooks appear to be expanded, but not by much. Plus they are organized so horribly that you would think EA didn't know a thing about football.
-Trash talking, Fighting, Shoving, and Tackling players after plays returns from last years game. This I'm disappointed about since this isn't the XFL.
-Cheerleader show at ½ time.
-Menus while cool, have that arcade look to them. AFL is not an arcade game, so I wonder why EA chooses to do so.
-Coaches are in this year as you see them on the field. (I don't remember them in last years game).
-Like DOA mentioned at GF, you can’t play AF2 alongside with AFL which kinda sucks.
-Champs sponsors Sports Player of the Game.
-Pause the game at anytime and receive some very cool Tutorial 101 information.
-BC on the PS3 with no problems.

Overall, if you liked last years game than spending $30 for this years game is well worth it.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 02-21-2007 at 08:35 PM.