Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #316
sroz39
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: All Pro Football 2K8 Site Launches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
QC, this game is obviously not about including strictly Legends, by the definition of that word. I mean, there are scores of players in this game that are nowhere near legendary status.

I think that it's cool that non-legendary players that still have name recognition with some fans have been included - adds a funky cool factor to the game, and you can't help but smile at some of the names that are in there. I can put together all the ex-Giants, and have a nice little roster that brings together some old nostalgia for me. Sorry to see that there's no Phil Simms, though. I guess Hostetler is replacing him once again!

I'm sure that many of the "Legends" who weren't really that good won't really be that great in the game, either. 2K will balance this game out, and not have a bunch of guys performing at top notch at most of the positions.

Stringer in the game is cool, and a nice touch. Tillman in the game would be a great tip of the hat and acknowledgement of his sacrifice to this country. Sure, he's not a legend by any stretch of the imagination, but he has name recognition, and more importantly, he chose to cut his career short and take a monster paycut to go fight for us (no matter what you think of the conflict itself - you gotta give this guy serious props for that). He deserves to be in, and should be in unless his family has an objection. Seems to me that he was a Legend in the game of life, for making that kind of selfless decision.
Co-sign on everything. And this being my first post in this unbelievably long thread, lemme say that I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a video game...no wait a minute, that would've been back in 2004 when ESPN 2K5 was coming out.

I knew my blind faith in 2K wouldn't go unrewarded. Thanks VC!