View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 02:04 AM   #39
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: More Impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
keep in mind we are not applauding the finished product. we are applauding the things they are trying to impliment, and their focus for '08. it sounds like things taken straight from thier hardest critics.
Yep, understood Tee. I appreciate that they'll sometimes wash the dishes without being asked but I'm not going to overly praise them for doing something they should be doing in the first place. I appreciate the effort EA's putting forth and will give them credit where credit is due, but imo they don't deserve praise for finally doing things like getting players to not slide across turf, for example. I draw the line when they're trying to feed it to me like it's a feature, when other devs (pretty much every other dev) have done the same thing without putting fanfare around it or acting like it's some achievement. It's next gen, we expect to not see players walking like zombies on the 1st iteration, not three iterations in. Again, not trying to be overly harsh - just saying. Don't want to be made to feel overly appreciative for something that should've been being done in the first place

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS