Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #644
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
What happened to Chad Poronto? In spring training he pitched pretty well and earned a roster spot because of his ability to get ground ball outs with his heavy sinker however he hasn't exactly pitched lights out since the regular season began. He has posted an 8.25 ERA in 12 Innings thus far. I may be in the minority on this one but if he continues to pitch this badly I don't really see any reason for the Braves to keep him especially considering how well Peter Moylan has been pitching. I say call up Hodges or someone else from AAA Richmond and let Poronto go if he is out of options.
Poronto hasn't been the same as last year indeed. However, he did go on the DL back a while ago but hasn't pitched well since his return. Actually, he wasn't exactly tearing things up to begin with from season's start. I see what you're implying about Poronto but the Braves really don't have anyone from Richmond that could fill his exact role in the bullpen. I have already campaigned for Hodges to get the call in place of Redman but he's not gonna play the same role because he's a starter. I need to go back & take a closer look at the bullpen players at Richmond to see if really anybody could replace Poronto. I honestly don't think there's anybody right now. Maybe from AA(Mississippi) or even lower but I'm thinking certainly not Richmond but I'll check to see. I have thought about Blaine Boyer but I don't know how good his numbers have been thus far. Thanks!

Edit: Well, Boyer hasn't been pitching long this season due to past injury. Stockman which has been called up before is doing OK but he too hasn't been in many games yet due to injury problems. Anyhow, here's their stats to view by links:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Blaine%2520Boyer&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=430641
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=430666

I think one of these two could be considered a replacement for Poronto if the Braves choose that route. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 05-20-2007 at 02:47 PM.