Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #686
tonybologna
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
I honestly see Smoltz reaching 250 wins barring any injuries or father time catching up to him. He currently has 200 as we all know and if he continues to pitch well all season I see no reason why he can't finish this season with 17 wins. That would give him 210 career wins going into next year and he would only need to average 14 wins over the next 3 seasons to reach 250.
That's maybe asking a little too long for Smoltz to last. If he pitched 3 more years then that would put him at 43 years of age. While I agree he looks as strong as he did back when he was a SP before a closer, I am quite worried that he will not pitch 3 more years after this year. I'm not saying he can't do it but he has experienced some arm problems in the past. He is signed with the Braves through 2008 so definitely he will pitch that long unless some type injury . I'm glad the big 3 have gotten their 200th win with the Braves indeed. BTW, I seen on last nights telecast that Buddy Carlyle gets the nod instead of Trey Hodges this Saturday. I was hoping to see Hodges but they decided to go with Carlyle instead. I wonder who they'll send down now? I guess Devine goes back down! Thanks guys!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11